Udhagamandalam which is popularly known as Ooty resides in the beautiful district of Nilgiri, Tamil Nadu. It is popularly known as the Queen of Hill stations and is surrounded by serene mountains, lakes, and forests. Famous for its Waterfalls and Botanical gardens, one simply cannot miss visiting this place. And for tea lovers, it is a paradise. The long stretch of tea estates will make you fell awestruck and you will definitely fall in love with this place. The place is full of lakes and mountains which will leave anyone mesmerized. So if you are planning to visit Ooty, this blog is for you.
There are certain places which you simply cannot miss while planning a visit to this beautiful hill station. The following places that we are going to mention below will make your Ooty travels a successful one.
1. Ooty Lake: Ooty Lake is an artificial lake that was made for fishing. Many visitors come here for boating and to appreciate the serene environment around the lake by sitting beside the lake or taking a walk around the lake. The timing of Ooty lake is from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm everyday. Other activities other than boating that you can perform on Ooty lake are Cycling, Photography, and Horse Riding.
2. Botanical Garden Ooty: A place where you will find around 1000 species of flowers, trees, plants, and shrubs is nothing more than a paradise in itself. The horticulture Department of Tamil Nadu maintains this garden. You can visit the Botanical Garden from 7 in the morning till 6:30 in the evening. It remains open on all days.
3. Doddabetta Peak: It is the highest peak in the Nilgiri mountains. Located around 10 km from Ooty, this peak rises to 2.637 meters. The breathtaking view from above the peak will leave you mesmerized. Doddabetta peak is open for visits between 9:00 am and 6:30 pm and is open daily.
4. Tea Museum: Spreading over 1 acre of land, The Ooty Tea Museum is a must-visit place for tea lovers where they can learn about the origin of different varieties of tea available and they even get to taste different types of tea available.
5. Emerald Lake: Around 18 kms from Ooty , Emerald lake which is located in Emerald village is a peaceful place to spend some time with your friends and family. People who go to visit Emerald lake also visit the nearby Avalanche lake which is considered charmingly beautiful.
6. Pykara Waterfalls: Surrounded by lush green and grassy meadows, the Pykara River is considered Sacred by the Toda tribe. The river forms a number of waterfalls and one of which even falls down to 61 meters.
7. Avalanche Lake: Avalanche Lake is located around 28 km from Ooty and is a picturesque spot for nature lovers. The lake is surrounded by lush green mountains and a large variety of flowers too. The time to visit Avalanche Lake is from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm and it remains open on all days.
8. Ooty Stone House: Ooty Stone House is of great historical importance as it was the first bungalow which was built in Ooty by John Sullivan. The visiting hours are from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm every day.
You can book your Ooty cabs for sightseeing from our website www.ootycabs.coma